Eastrose Pet Policy
Policy Concerning Animals on Eastrose Unitarian Universalist Fellowship Property
For the safety and comfort of all attending services and other events in Eastrose Fellowship buildings and grounds, the following guidelines regarding dogs and other animals are set forth.
- Service animals as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) are welcome in all church spaces. Service animals must be harnessed, leashed, or tethered, unless these devices interfere with the service animal’s work on the individual’s disability prevents using these devices.
- Pets (any animals not defined as a service animal by the ADA) are not allowed at church events, worship or memorial services or programs involving children, except when they are expressly invited (e.g., for events such as an animal blessing service). Guidelines for such special events will be provided ahead of time.
- If any animal becomes out of control or displays threatening behavior, the owner will be required to remove it from the church property.
- Pets are permitted on the church grounds only when in the presence of and under the control of the person who brought them.
- Individual church groups may allow pets at their meetings if all members of the group agree that pets shall be welcome; however, pets are not allowed in the minister’s office or in areas where food is being prepared or served.
- Owners are required to clean up after their pets, including on church grounds. Owners will be held responsible for any costs incurred due to soiling or other damage to church property.
- Primary church staff may determine whether dogs may be allowed in their offices.